Fostering Information Session - Camden
Address: The Crowndale Centre, 218 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1BD
What is fostering?
Fostering is looking after a child within your home, on a short or long term basis. Foster carers are paid fees and allowances to enable them to accommodate children in their home. To look after a child over the age of two, foster carers will need a spare bedroom within their home.
There can be many reasons why a child may need a foster home, including: family illnesses, abuse or neglect, breakdowns in family relations, or a child may have arrived unaccompanied from abroad.
There are over 200 looked after children in Camden, and more than 72,000 in the UK. Camden are looking for London based foster carers, who can offer care, stability and consistency to our children and young people.
Why foster with Camden?
By choosing to foster with Camden you have access to many benefits including:
- 24 hour support, 365 days a year
- Generous fees and allowances
- Access to specialist and tailored training
- Pay no council tax if you are a Camden resident
- Active support groups across different age groups
- Regular, free to attend, events to build relationships within the fostering community
- All the information available about a child is given to you when considering a placement
- Shared resources with neighbouring Boroughs via the North London Fostering Consortium
- Regular updates from our foster carers newsletter
- Membership to Camden Association of Foster Care (CAFC)
- Benefits and discounts through Max Card
- A £900 referral fee paid should someone you recommend become an approved foster carer
To find out more about fostering for Camden, you can attend one of our monthly information sessions or get in contact with us.
email [email protected] or phone 0800 028 1436.