Supported Lodgings for 16+ Scheme
Supported lodgings hosts offer young people aged 16-21 with supported accommodation, helping them with their transition to adulthood. These young people cannot live with their own parents, but do not want, or require, the restrictions of traditional foster care.
You offer the young person their own room and lend a listening ear, whilst teaching them life skills that will enable them to live independently. This may include: budgeting, how to shop, cook, wash and iron their clothes as well as offering positive advice in regards to education and relationships.
• You must have a spare room for the young person
• You must be able to provide a stable and safe environment
• You should be encouraging and supportive of education
• You must be able to listen and offer support and guidance
• You should be comfortable working as part of a team of professionals
• You must have a good standard of spoken and written English
The assessment process may differ according to the borough you register with. However you will be required to complete a DBS (disclosure barring service) check. We will also complete a risk assessment of your property.
Benefits and Support
• You will have access to the same training opportunities as our mainstream foster carers
• Access to a monthly support group
• Weekly financial fee